Velocity Reviews

-   -   About XML HTTP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t795130-about-xml-http.html)

Savas Ates 06-25-2004 08:57 AM

About XML HTTP

I m getting information with XMLHTTP from 3 sites at the same time. but it
is so slow.. how can i make it faster.. any information or any document
about it.. anyone who know about it..it is about alsa bandwith .. how can i
increase xml http performance. . help me please...

Steven Burn 06-25-2004 11:47 AM

Re: About XML HTTP

I've noticed it's terribly slow too (got it connecting to several site's in
a DB and returning their online/offline status)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mark Schupp 06-25-2004 03:20 PM

Re: About XML HTTP

Are you using XMLHTTP or XMLServerHTTP?

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Savas Ates 06-26-2004 06:37 AM

Re: About XML HTTP

Microsoft.XMLHTTP

Mark Schupp 06-28-2004 03:07 PM

Re: About XML HTTP

And your original question was?

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Steven Burn 06-28-2004 03:17 PM

Re: About XML HTTP

"Mark Schupp" <mschupp@ielearning.com> wrote in message
> And your original question was?

hehe, now thats just cruel <g>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mark Schupp 06-28-2004 03:48 PM

Re: About XML HTTP

No, actually I think I responded to his question and asked whether he was
using XMLHTTP or XMLServerHTTP but I don't keep old messages so I cannot
remember what he was asking about.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Steven Burn 06-28-2004 04:02 PM

Re: About XML HTTP

Quote:

Mark Schupp 06-29-2004 12:04 AM

Re: About XML HTTP

Ok,

XMLHTTP was designed for Client-side communication and doesn't work well in
a multi-user environment.Try msxml2.xmlserverhttp instead.

Also, you should do some checking to see where the delays are. If it
actually takes 3 seconds for the remote sites to return the page then there
is nothing you can do on your server to speed it up unless you can cache the
data somewhere.
Do they take 3 seconds if you call them up in your browser?
Do the retrieved pages change for each retrieval?

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development
Integrity eLearning
www.ielearning.com

"Steven Burn" <pvt@noyb.com> wrote in message

Quote:

I m getting information with XMLHTTP from 3 sites at the same
Quote:

time.

Savas Ates 06-29-2004 07:59 AM

Re: About XML HTTP

hey thanks steven for your helps and Steven do u have online contact ? i
want to ask somethnig you individually..what is your email i cant send you
from that email.or have msn contact... what is the reason of delay... if i
retrieve same page it was cached by iis and how can i cache the results...
the first getting info process can take about 3 or 5 seconds...