Velocity Reviews

-   -   HELP.. ERROR: Unable to relay for user@mail.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t795080-help-error-unable-to-relay-for-user-mail-com.html)

Tim::.. 06-22-2004 01:07 PM

HELP.. ERROR: Unable to relay for user@mail.com

Can someone please help!!
This is driving me nuts...

I keep getting the following error when I run the send mail script below. I think it might be because I don't have the smtp server configurered properly or because I have to make a change on our exchange server???

We are running IIS 5 on Win2K server and using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 can someone please tell me how I solve this!

Thanks

Error:

Email send failed: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@mail.com

<%
mailComp = "CDOSYS"
smtpServer = "SMTP01"
fromAddr = "user@mail.com"

if mailComp = "CDOSYS" then
set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
cdoConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
cdoConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = smtpServer
cdoConfig.Fields.Update
set cdoMessage.Configuration = cdoConfig
cdoMessage.From = fromAddr
cdoMessage.ReplyTo = replyTo
cdoMessage.To = recipients
cdoMessage.Subject = subject
cdoMessage.HtmlBody = body
on error resume next
cdoMessage.Send
if Err.Number <> 0 then
SendMail = "Email send failed: " & Err.Description & "."
end if
set cdoMessage = Nothing
set cdoConfig = Nothing
exit function
end if
%>

Jeff Cochran 06-22-2004 02:38 PM

Re: HELP.. ERROR: Unable to relay for user@mail.com

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:07:01 -0700, "Tim::.." <myatix_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Can someone please help!!
>This is driving me nuts...
>
>I keep getting the following error when I run the send mail script below. I think it might be because I don't have the smtp server configurered properly or because I have to make a change on our exchange server???

The error is that user@mail.com can not relay through the server.
Either allow user@mail.com to relay or change the sender to one that
can. Try the SMTP group or Exchange group if you need help
configuring relay options.

Jeff

Chris Barber 06-23-2004 12:45 AM

Re: HELP.. ERROR: Unable to relay for user@mail.com

It's doubtful that you internal Exchange server is hosting mail.com as a domain and as such it is
rejecting the senders request because the user isn't;t a valid account on that mail server - this is
fully correct and is a good secure mechanism to stop an open relay (e.g. where anyone can send mail
without a valid email account).

Try sending from a real email account that exists on that mail server.

Chris.