Velocity Reviews

-   -   Session Expires (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t794595-session-expires.html)

prash 05-24-2004 08:37 AM

Session Expires

hello all
I have an asp application which uses IIS 5 . I need to expire my session in
10 minutes .
I use session.expire=10 in my index.html page. when the session is expired
in 10 minutes i need to redirect the respons to the login page agein.
how can i do this
Please help me

/Thanks in advace
Prashantha

Patrice 05-24-2004 09:00 AM

Re: Session Expires

This is done for each request. The likely usual scheme is :
- create a session variable (only for this purpose or use one that stores
the user id)
- on each request, if this variable is empty go to the login page

Of course, it's likely easier to have this in a file that is cinluded in all
pages...

Patrice