Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP treeview example needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t794085-asp-treeview-example-needed.html)

Karl Rhodes 04-21-2004 04:03 PM

ASP treeview example needed

I am trying to build a treeview from a sql server database view.
the number of child nodes can go up to 10 deep but whenever a user
click on the plus or minus to open a node then the node opens. if the
user clicks the name of the node, at any level, the name of the node
is taken and appended to a text form field on the webpage. The whole
thing has to sit on a hidden layer so that a user can click a button
to show it, then when they select a node, it populates the text field.
This is to be used as a global category list thesaurus so that users
know they are adding or searching for the right keywords on documents
etc.

Any help appreciated..

Jeff Cochran 04-21-2004 05:26 PM

Re: ASP treeview example needed

On 21 Apr 2004 09:03:18 -0700, karl.rhodes@keywave.com (Karl Rhodes)
wrote:

>I am trying to build a treeview from a sql server database view.
>the number of child nodes can go up to 10 deep but whenever a user
>click on the plus or minus to open a node then the node opens. if the
>user clicks the name of the node, at any level, the name of the node
>is taken and appended to a text form field on the webpage. The whole
>thing has to sit on a hidden layer so that a user can click a button
>to show it, then when they select a node, it populates the text field.
>This is to be used as a global category list thesaurus so that users
>know they are adding or searching for the right keywords on documents
>etc.

Might try a client-side scripting or DHTML group.

Jeff