Velocity Reviews

-   -   Set up ASP.NET Web Service with remote Visual Studio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t793369-set-up-asp-net-web-service-with-remote-visual-studio.html)

rich 02-16-2004 04:16 AM

Set up ASP.NET Web Service with remote Visual Studio

Hi all
New to Visual Studio

If I run VS on my win2k3 server and do New Project > ASP.NET Web Service I immediately get a "cog" icon service folder in the Default Web Site of IIS 6

If I try the same thing from VS running on a different computer but logged into the server I only get a folder icon in IIS. On the server, if I select Properties > Directory > Create the folder turns to the cog icon and sets up the web service properly but requires this manual step

How do I set up a Web Service with the cog icon from my remote computer with VS?
Thank you
rich

Chris Hohmann 02-17-2004 07:52 PM

Re: Set up ASP.NET Web Service with remote Visual Studio

"rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> RFTM
>
> Finally read the VS install disk readme file and discovered I didn't

do a manual step required in the installation - Configure the FrontPage
Extensions. Everything works fine now.

RFTM --> RTFM