Velocity Reviews

-   -   Regular Expressions, WSH, and not getting New RegExp to work at all (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t793219-regular-expressions-wsh-and-not-getting-new-regexp-to-work-at-all.html)

BTR 02-09-2004 01:41 PM

Regular Expressions, WSH, and not getting New RegExp to work at all

I have been trying to run the example listed on MSDN to test a regular
expression. I'm running a win2k3 web server edition, WSH is version
5.6.

I am getting an error everytime I run

Set RegEx = New RegExp

I have seen a few problems on MSDN with users not getting the right
permissions for some dll's so I went through the procedures trying to
correct that. I've seen the RegExp values in the registry. Even had a
friend of mine try the script on his machine. (mind you this comes
directly from MS) I cannot get New RegExp to work at all - any
suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Bastard

Evertjan. 02-09-2004 01:53 PM

Re: Regular Expressions, WSH, and not getting New RegExp to work at all

BTR wrote on 09 feb 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I have been trying to run the example listed on MSDN to test a regular
> expression. I'm running a win2k3 web server edition, WSH is version
> 5.6.

Is thes ASP related ???

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP 02-09-2004 02:40 PM

Re: Regular Expressions, WSH, and not getting New RegExp to work at all

> Is thes ASP related ???

No, probably found this group by

"SELECT group.name FROM google.history WHERE CONTAINS(discussion, 'RegExp')
AND [date] >= '1900-01-01'"

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Evertjan. 02-09-2004 02:45 PM

Re: Regular Expressions, WSH, and not getting New RegExp to work at all

Aaron Bertrand - MVP wrote on 09 feb 2004 in

>> Is thes ASP related ???

> No, probably found this group by
>
> "SELECT group.name FROM google.history WHERE CONTAINS(discussion,
> 'RegExp') AND [date] >= '1900-01-01'"

sql = sql & " AND natives = 'friendly'"

--
Evertjan.