Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET PAGES NOT SERVED IN IIS 5/W2K (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t792936-asp-net-pages-not-served-in-iis-5-w2k.html)

Jeff 01-27-2004 02:15 AM

ASP.NET PAGES NOT SERVED IN IIS 5/W2K

I am trying to setup a demo server for an asp.net web site
that is working on my real website. The demo is Win2K and I
have installed .net framework and IIS, both successfully, I
think. The problem is that when I try to access the demo
site, the pages are not being served correctly - only
lables are displayed, and not as configured. HTML pages
display correclty.
I tried to run aspnet_regiss, but get an unkown function error.
Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Ken Schaefer 01-27-2004 02:34 AM

Re: ASP.NET PAGES NOT SERVED IN IIS 5/W2K

You should install IIS first, then ASP.Net

Otherwise, you need to run aspnet_regiis.exe -i (you mis-spelt it below).
Since the location of that .exe is not in the system path you will need to
open a command prompt, then navigate to the correct folder, and run it, eg:

C:\winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\

and run aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Cheers
Ken

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: I am trying to setup a demo server for an asp.net web site
: that is working on my real website. The demo is Win2K and I
: have installed .net framework and IIS, both successfully, I
: think. The problem is that when I try to access the demo
: site, the pages are not being served correctly - only
: lables are displayed, and not as configured. HTML pages
: display correclty.
: I tried to run aspnet_regiss, but get an unkown function error.
: Can someone help me with this?
:
: Thank you.

Jeff 01-27-2004 03:41 AM

Re: ASP.NET PAGES NOT SERVED IN IIS 5/W2K

Thanks for the help - I had to re-install the framework in
additon to running the reg program.