Velocity Reviews

-   -   ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t792818-contactme-tool-big-thank-you-bad-words.html)

Brynn 01-21-2004 12:18 PM

ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!

I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
(going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.

I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
inside ... ROFL.

ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----

I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
validations.

Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the message
textarea.

Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.

http://test.coolpier.com/

Brynn

P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
site within a week.
Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Steven Burn 01-21-2004 01:47 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

It got them all :o( lol

I'm not exactly awake yet, so there was only 5 (in a nice little paragraph
too, lol).. and it caught them all :o)

I'll have another go when I'm more awake ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

news:400e6366.13550805@news.comcast.giganews.com.. .

Brynn 01-21-2004 03:20 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

Thanks for playing Steven ... hehe.

I am also going to be updating it with an exceptions list ... like

brass

I have a 174000 word database table english words list that I am going
to compare each word I enter into the filer ... i.e. I will type in
the word, and get brass and all the other words with it returned.

I am writing that program now, to write me a a list like

word@@@excption1#exception2#exeception3

We will see if this is too big to implement soon enough ... hehe

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Brynn 01-21-2004 03:43 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

oh yeah ... thanks ... I forgot to change the value to lower case
before checking ... all words in upper case are probably getting
through ...

There ... case issue fixed ... thanks ... any more suggestions feel
free to add.

right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
accept brass but not br ass

I will be correcting this with the exceptions list I talk about in the
other reply to this post

Keep pickin at it =) ... I am going to have this open to the group
when done.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Randy Rahbar 01-21-2004 04:11 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
> accept brass but not br ass

What about " assure"?

Steven Burn 01-21-2004 04:13 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

or "assume" ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Steven Burn 01-21-2004 04:14 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

I BEAT IT!....lol

Nowt major, but it let "arse" through, hehe

--

news:400e972a.26803691@news.comcast.giganews.com.. .

Bob Barrows 01-21-2004 04:18 PM

Randy Rahbar wrote:
>> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
>> accept brass but not br ass

> What about " assure"?

Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no problem
Bob

middletree 01-21-2004 05:03 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

It wouldn't let me put in Matthew 21:5

"Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and
sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. "

Better watch out, Brynn, not letting the bible in there. Could be trouble

Randy Rahbar 01-21-2004 05:06 PM

Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

> None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to work.

I ASSume you missed the SHITake part. :)

Randy