Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kiinds of includes?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t792655-kiinds-of-includes.html)

Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira 01-14-2004 01:31 PM

Kiinds of includes??

Hi,
I know this kind of include <!--#include file="adovbs.inc"--> or <!--
#include file="conn_dbAT.asp" --> is put into my asp page, but this bellow
let my slow too??
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="includes/consistencia_listagem_exclusao.js">
</script>
OR
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/estilo_listagem.css">

or only make a reference??
thanks,

Ray at 01-14-2004 01:47 PM

Re: Kiinds of includes??

The <!-- #include types are SERVER side includes. Notice that if you do a
"comments" in the source. That's because the server replaces that include
line with the contents of the file being included, whether that's html or
asp. The other things you listed are handled by the browser.

Ray at work

Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira 01-14-2004 05:01 PM

Re: Kiinds of includes??

Hi Ray,
A little question:
The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?
Thanks,

Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
Desenvolvimento Web
HI-TEC

Ray at 01-14-2004 05:14 PM

Re: Kiinds of includes??

> Hi Ray,
> A little question:
> The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
> Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?

Yes, it would increase the size of data loaded by the browser. But, if it's
browser stuff, that's what you have to do.

Ray at work

Mark Schupp 01-14-2004 06:16 PM

Re: Kiinds of includes??

The js and css includes are processed by the browser but the file has to be
retrieved from the web-server (same as an image file has to be loaded by the
browser). Unless the js and css files are set up on the server to be
processed by the asp dll they will not impact the processing time (on the
server) of the asp page that includes them.

The browser may also cache the files separately so that if more than one asp
(or html) page uses the same js include file it is not downloaded for each
asp page.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira 01-14-2004 07:14 PM

Re: Kiinds of includes??

Nice your explanation Mark!
Now I really understood!
thank others else.

Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
Desenvolvimento Web
HI-TEC
"Mark Schupp" <mschupp@ielearning.com> escreveu na mensagem
> The js and css includes are processed by the browser but the file has to

be
> retrieved from the web-server (same as an image file has to be loaded by

the
> browser). Unless the js and css files are set up on the server to be
> processed by the asp dll they will not impact the processing time (on the
> server) of the asp page that includes them.
>
> The browser may also cache the files separately so that if more than one

asp
> (or html) page uses the same js include file it is not downloaded for each
> asp page.
>

> --
> Mark Schupp
> Head of Development
> Integrity eLearning
> www.ielearning.com
>

> "Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira" <suporte@hitecnet.com.br> wrote in message
> > Hi Ray,
> > A little question:
> > The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
> > Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?
> > Thanks,
> > --

> > Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
> > Desenvolvimento Web
> > HI-TEC
> >
> > "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> escreveu na

> mensagem
> > > The <!-- #include types are SERVER side includes. Notice that if you

do
> > > "comments" in the source. That's because the server replaces that

> include
> > > line with the contents of the file being included, whether that's html

> or
> > > asp. The other things you listed are handled by the browser.
> > >
> > > Ray at work
> > >

> > > "Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira" <suporte@hitecnet.com.br> wrote in message

<!--