Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help Please! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791963-help-please.html)

Eric 12-03-2003 01:58 PM

Help Please!

I know this is the wrong forum for this question but I
dont know where elese to post this. I'm having trouble
with webbots in FrontPage 2002. How do I edit the Nav in
FP 2002? I can only see the properties when I Right Click.
The Nav was auto generated when I ran the Wizard to create
a site. But how do I rename them or add to the Nav? If
nothing else point me in the right direction. Any help
with this would be greatly appreciated.

/eric

Rob Meade 12-03-2003 02:06 PM

Re: Help Please!

"Eric" wrote ...

> I know this is the wrong forum for this question but I
> dont know where elese to post this.

You could try news:microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

> How do I edit the Nav in FP 2002? I can only see the properties when I

Right Click.
> The Nav was auto generated when I ran the Wizard to create
> a site.

It sounds as if you are using Shared Borders - these might not be visible by
default - if you cant see a directory called _borders goto Tools -> Web
Settings ->
Advanced Tab and make sure theres a tick in the box for "Show hidden files
and folders".

> But how do I rename them or add to the Nav?

If you navigation is being generated for you you will want to be using the
'Navigation' view in Frontpage - you can drag you pages into the
hierarchical (sp?) flow and they will appear in the correct places in your
navigation automatically.

To change the names of the items in the navigation you need to change the
names of the pages - not their files names - but the names that they have in
the navigational view - you can do this by clicking on their graphic in the
main window to select the page - right click- rename.

> If nothing else point me in the right direction.

See the newsgroup mentioned above.

Regards

Rob