Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I put object of vbscript class into session? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791890-can-i-put-object-of-vbscript-class-into-session.html)

Quicky 11-30-2003 05:54 PM

Can I put object of vbscript class into session?

I've read about 'Threading model'. My question is - is it possible to
put object of vbscript class into a session? Can I change threading
model to 'free'?

Steven

Chris Barber 11-30-2003 10:55 PM

Re: Can I put object of vbscript class into session?

I don;t believe that a VBScript class can be put into a session variable to
retain state. You can however persist the state to a string and then
reconstitute the state in a new page by passing the string to a new instance
of the class object.

You could also use a WSC to hold state in a session variable although I've
never tried instantiating a VBScript class from a WSC property.

Chris.

news:f4c513af.0311300954.21b2cc9c@posting.google.c om...