Velocity Reviews

-   -   input data in the table list (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791879-input-data-in-the-table-list.html)

Agnes 11-29-2003 03:36 AM

input data in the table list

I use while-loop the show the table content in web page. e.g (bookingno,
booking date,customer no)
However, the client need me insert one column (confirmdate ) and allow the
user input and update the date .

It seems very hard to do .
Any one know how to do ?
Thanks a lot
Miss. Agnes Cheng

Ray at 11-29-2003 08:15 AM

Re: input data in the table list

What part are you stuck on?

Ray at home

Agnes 11-29-2003 03:19 PM

Re: input data in the table list

I use recordset to display the data into a table format only. [use while
loop]
e.g bookingno, booking date, companyname ...etc
The user need me to insert one column (textbox) for him to input the data
(confirm date)
I don't know how give the textbox 'nameing'.

thanks

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane 34 . komm> 在郵件
news:%23XRVCBltDHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl 中撰寫...

Ray at 11-29-2003 06:31 PM

Re: input data in the table list

I'm sorry. I just don't understand. Do you have a link you can provide or
something?

Bhaskardeep Khaund 11-30-2003 08:13 AM

Re: input data in the table list

Hi,

You can do one thing, you can name the textbox field with the autonumber primary key of the column. For example:-

<% While not objRs.EOF %>
<input type="text" name="mytext<%=objRs("id")%>" size="20">
<% objRs.MoveNext
Wend %>

Then, when you submit the form, request the form field, you can loop it or if you know the id value u can do it as:-

i = Request.Form("i")
mytext = Request.Form("mytext"&i)

Hope this helps,

Regards,