Velocity Reviews

-   -   new W2000 Server Pro system - ASP missing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791807-new-w2000-server-pro-system-asp-missing.html)

John Wood 11-25-2003 11:04 AM

new W2000 Server Pro system - ASP missing

I have recently loaded up a new Dell Server with Win2000 Server Pro
Just a "standard install"
IIS and FTP seem to be working fine
.....\system32\inetsrv seems to be populated, including asp.dll
the ASP and ASA files have the windows icon not the ASP icon
selecting the ASP file does not run it but bring up the "OPEN WITH?"
menu

Is ASP included with the standard W2000 ?
I do not see it as a separate install on the CD
any help appreciated
TIA
John Wood

Ray at 11-25-2003 12:37 PM

Re: new W2000 Server Pro system - ASP missing

What you describe is normal. Maybe the thing you don't realize is that for
the ASP pages to run, you have to go to http://servername/pagename.asp, as
opposed to opening the .asp file from the file system.

Ray at home

John Wood 11-25-2003 04:36 PM

Re: new W2000 Server Pro system - ASP missing

Of course I should have, thanks
Repeat after me ... don't work after midnight...
... don't work after midnight....

In article <eRQGCB1sDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Ray at
<%=sLocation%> <myfirstname@at.lane> writes
>What you describe is normal. Maybe the thing you don't realize is that for
>the ASP pages to run, you have to go to http://servername/pagename.asp, as
>opposed to opening the .asp file from the file system.
>
>Ray at home
>
>"John Wood" <john@lortim.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I have recently loaded up a new Dell Server with Win2000 Server Pro
>> Just a "standard install"
>> IIS and FTP seem to be working fine
>> ....\system32\inetsrv seems to be populated, including asp.dll
>> the ASP and ASA files have the windows icon not the ASP icon
>> selecting the ASP file does not run it but bring up the "OPEN WITH?"
>> menu
>>
>> Is ASP included with the standard W2000 ?
>> I do not see it as a separate install on the CD
>> any help appreciated
>> TIA
>> John Wood

John Wood

Ray at 11-25-2003 05:05 PM

Re: new W2000 Server Pro system - ASP missing

I can't ever get into a good groove until after midnight. That doesn't work
out to well with my 8:30-5:00 hours. :[

Ray at work, being unproductive