Velocity Reviews

-   -   FileSystem Object - Iterating through a directory and building the path (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791647-filesystem-object-iterating-through-a-directory-and-building-the-path.html)

Lise 11-17-2003 09:07 PM

FileSystem Object - Iterating through a directory and building the path

Hi all ..

I have a directory with several subdirectories and a number of files in
each.
These files are accessed by going to a web page and clicking in a listbox
and navigating to the desired file.

Currently, when a new file is added to one of the sub directories, a new
link must be added to the web
page to add the new file to the listbox ... yes .... a very manually
intensive process!

I believe that I can replace this existing process with a dynamic one using
the File System Object but I could
use a little help thinking it through.

I need to display the file name (without the extention) in the listbox and I
need to build the path to the
file to be used as the Option Value in the listbox.

i.e.
<Option
value=file://servername/directory/subdirectory/subdirectory/subdirectory/fil
ename

I need two loops ... looping through the Folder Collection and through the
File collection. Do I nest them?
And how do I capture the path as it's building?

Thanks for any help and any direction !
- lise