Velocity Reviews

-   -   CDO messages - migrated to Exchange 2003 - quit working (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791645-cdo-messages-migrated-to-exchange-2003-quit-working.html)

Tom Petersen 11-17-2003 07:16 PM

CDO messages - migrated to Exchange 2003 - quit working

Our person who hosts our email recently migrated to Exchange 2003 and my ASP
emailing code quit working. I was getting this error:
CDO.Message.1 (0x80040213)
The transport failed to connect to the server.
Because I forgot to change the server name here:
With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "mail.whatever.com"
.Update
End With

I changed the server name, and that was the only code I changed and now I
get this:
Error Type:
(0x8004020F)
It's failing on the .Send

Here is the applicable code.
<!--METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D"
NAME="CDO for Windows 2000 Library" -->

Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "correct.mail.com"
.Update
End With

Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
With cdoMessage
Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
.From = strEmail
.To = "donald@correct.mail.com; mike@correct.mail.com"
.Cc = strmEmail
.Subject = "Maintenance Request"
.TextBody = strBody
.Send
End With
Set cdoMessage = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing

I don't know if cdoSendUsingPort is set or if that is a constant (25), just
that it worked before.
Is it possible the Exchange Server is blocking anything or not now that I
don't get the 1st error?