Velocity Reviews

-   -   Session.LCID / SetLocale() don't effect CreateObject()? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791590-session-lcid-setlocale-dont-effect-createobject.html)

David Patow 11-13-2003 09:59 PM

Session.LCID / SetLocale() don't effect CreateObject()?

Can anyone explain why neither ASP Session.LCID nor
VBScript SetLocale() effect the locale of a VB6-based COM
object that is instantiated via Server.CreateObject()?
If I set Session.LCID, then create a VB-based object, the
object still seems to use the system LCID for formatting
dates & numbers.

Using FormatDateTime() within the VBScript of the ASP
*does* work -- It's just that created objects don't seem
to inherit the locale.

I tried using Win32 SetThreadLocale() within the VB
object, and it does change the thread's locale, but that
still doesn't seem to effect the result of VB
FormatDateTime().

How else could I dynamically change the effective locale
of my ASP and VB6-based COM objects to produce date &
number formats for any given locale?