Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cookies (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791298-cookies.html)

lostman 10-29-2003 08:32 PM

Cookies

Hi,

I need to make a little script that keep the info of a user on my site.
I use Cookie to make this work, but the problem i have is :

We have a lot of Sub-section on our site (www.mysite.com) like
ex.mysite.com, yyy.mysite.com, zzz.mysite.com, so each of them write is
cookie, can we make each of these sub-section and the principal site write
in the same cookie ?

Thank you.

Ray at 10-30-2003 12:28 AM

Re: Cookies

No, unfortunately, cookies cannot be accessed across domains in any way.
This is true for subdomains of the same parent or not.

Ray at home

Tim Williams 10-31-2003 06:12 AM

Re: Cookies

If you explicitly set the path as ".mysite.com" (don't leave off the leading
dot) then the cookie should be readable by all of your sub-domains.

Tim