Velocity Reviews

-   -   Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t791085-merging-excel-info-into-existing-access-database-query.html)

powerrun 10-20-2003 07:11 PM

Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.

Is this possible??

Melissa

Ray at 10-20-2003 07:13 PM

Re: Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

Do you need to do this over and over via ASP, or are you just talking about
doing it once? If just once, just do an import in Access.

Ray at work

news:bb9482f7.0310201111.2ab7e93b@posting.google.c om...

Tom Kaminski [MVP] 10-20-2003 07:14 PM

Re: Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

"powerrun" <pooyou_mel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bb9482f7.0310201111.2ab7e93b@posting.google.c om...
> Help! I have tons of info loaded into an excel spreadsheet that I
> need to transfer into an existing database in access. There is a
> specific Query I need the information to transfer to. This Query has
> existing records in it that I don't want to over-write.
>
> Is this possible??

Probably, but you'd also most likely get a better answer if asked in an MS
Access newsgroup ...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

powerrun 10-23-2003 08:39 PM

Re: Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

Thank you for the advise, Tom!

Mel

powerrun 10-23-2003 08:53 PM

Re: Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

I only need to do it once, but when I tried to do an import, it wanted
to import it as a table. The information I have needs to be imported
into a specific Query with existing info.

It's obvious I've not done an import into a query before, and I truly
appreciate your help.

If there's any more info you can think of, please don't hesitate to
post me again.

Thanks!
Melissa

Ray at 10-23-2003 09:19 PM

Re: Merging Excel Info into existing Access Database Query

If you only have to do it once, I wouldn't bother going through all the
nonsense of building an ASP page...

news:bb9482f7.0310231253.7808e7e2@posting.google.c om...