Velocity Reviews

-   -   default ASP page displays but others don't (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t790294-default-asp-page-displays-but-others-dont.html)

Kerry Sutton 09-18-2003 02:11 AM

default ASP page displays but others don't

I have setup an IIS 6 server and I am trying to migrate a
pretty basic website to it. It will display any ASP page
that I set as the default page, but gives a 404.2 for any
other ASP pages that I link to.

What am I missing?

Atrax 09-18-2003 04:42 AM

Re: default ASP page displays but others don't

Err... do you mean 401.2 rather than 404.2?

credentials you supplied."

you need to change the NTFS permissions on the files causing the error
so that the anonymous account has rights on them. see www.iisfaq.com

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonk...trax.RichEdit/

K Sutton 09-18-2003 05:22 AM

Re: default ASP page displays but others don't

No, it is a 404.2 error which indicates that it can't find the file, but
most likely that is due to permissions issues with ASP. I can run an
html site from the same location without any trouble.

Mark Schupp 09-18-2003 06:33 PM

Re: default ASP page displays but others don't

Are you using components on the other pages? If so, what are they and does
the anonymous account have permission to create them?

--
Mark Schupp