Velocity Reviews

-   -   URL With a Space (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t790291-url-with-a-space.html)

Wayne Wengert 09-18-2003 12:46 AM

URL With a Space

In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page whose
name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.

The equivalent of:

I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.

--
------------------------------------
Wayne Wengert

Martin CLAVREUIL 09-18-2003 01:00 AM

Re: URL With a Space

if the only pb you have is the space char you can use this function

url="Ma Page.asp"
Turl=lcase(replace(url," ","%20"))

Curt_C [MVP] 09-18-2003 01:03 AM

Re: URL With a Space

replace the space with %20
or better yet Server.URLEncode() the url :}

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

dlbjr 09-18-2003 01:03 AM

Re: URL With a Space

-dlbjr

Discerning resolutions for the alms

Ray at home 09-18-2003 01:30 AM

Re: URL With a Space

Why didn't URLEncode work? You can always manually urlencode if you want.

My%20Page.asp

Ray at home

Wayne Wengert 09-18-2003 01:53 AM

Re: URL With a Space

Thanks all.

URLEncode did not work but HTMLEncode did work. I am trying to find some
reference material to explain the difference.

Wayne

Mark Schupp 09-18-2003 06:36 PM

Re: URL With a Space

Now that you know how to make it work with a space, do yourself a big favor
and rename the file to "my_page.asp" or "mypage.asp".

--
Mark Schupp