Velocity Reviews

-   -   Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t789977-put-a-variable-in-the-directive.html)

Baffin Shea 09-05-2003 03:47 PM

Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive

Dear All,

The following script is generated by frontpage itself in order to insert
menu.htm in the current .htm page:

:
<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="menu.htm" TAG="BODY" -->
:

I tried to change the "menu.htm" to a variable using asp like:

<%
menu=request("menu")
%>
<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="<%=menu%>" TAG="BODY" -->

But it doesn't work, I search from the net and explain it will not work
because the directive executes before asp assigns a value to the variable,
but there is no solution, can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Baffin

Baffin Shea 09-05-2003 05:47 PM

Re: Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive

Dear Jason,

I have tried your method, it doesn't work, any suggestion? Thank you.

Regards,
Baffin

"Jason Melville" <pookey20@ihug.com.au> 撰寫於郵件新聞
:bjacsb$olv$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

Phillip Windell 09-05-2003 06:01 PM

Re: Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive

This only runs at "design time" within the FrontPage Evironment. The
file included is already inserted into the position before the file is
uploaded to the server. The server has no part in the process.

--

Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]
pwindell@wandtv.com

Mark Schupp 09-05-2003 11:27 PM

Re: Put a variable in the <!-- --> directive

I am not completely sure (we drove a stake through the heart of FP here
years ago) but I think that FP actually processes the webbot directives when
an HTML file is uploaded through FP, not at runtime. If that is not the
case, you could write out the HMTL file with the webbot directives you need
and then re-direct to that file.

--
Mark Schupp