Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t789791-problem-by-sending-a-fax-via-asp-application.html)

Peter Haider 08-29-2003 07:45 AM

Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application

Hi newgroup,

i struggle with a problem with windows 2000 fax server running under my ASP
Web application

The sending of an fax - like the example below - works manually very well
(with file open and print to the fax printer) - logged on as a normal user.

But my code under ASP doesnt work (access rights for directory, to read the
file and the fax server is given to the anonymous user)

Here is the VB Script Code:

Dim Faxserver
Dim FaxDoc
Dim JobNo
Dim Dateiname
Set Faxserver = Server.Createobject("Faxserver.Faxserver")
FaxServer.Connect("gericom.sbs.office")

Filename = server.MapPath("Orders/10173.pdf")
Set FaxDoc = FaxServer.CreateDocument(Filename)

FaxDoc.SendCoverpage = 0
FaxDoc.RecipientName = "Arnold"
FaxDoc.SenderName = "Peter"
FaxDoc.FaxNumber = "12345678"
FaxDoc.SenderFax = "87654321"
JobNo = FaxDoc.Send()
Set FaxDoc = Nothing
FaxServer.Disconnect()
Set FaxServer = Nothing

When i start this programm, the system seams to hang and after a short time,
there appears an error 0x8007000D (Data is invalid??) at the line
FaxDoc.Send()

Has anyone of you a tip for me?

Regards Peter Haider

Bite My Bubbles 08-29-2003 01:57 PM

Re: Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application

what references do you have set?

TomB 08-29-2003 02:08 PM

Re: Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application

Just a guess, but have you logged on as IUSR_machinename so that the fax
printer is set up for that account?

Peter Haider 08-29-2003 07:05 PM

Re: Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application

Fax printer is set up for this account too, my personal account has
administrator privileges

Regards Peter