Velocity Reviews

-   -   Finding filenames using wildcards (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t789778-finding-filenames-using-wildcards.html)

Robert Wagstaff 08-28-2003 07:49 PM

Finding filenames using wildcards

I have an interesting challenge. I have a client that is
putting pictures into a single folder on the web server.
The files are specific in that the first 5 characters of
the filename are the same ORDER#. The challenge is simply
to find all the filenames with the initial 5 characters
being input on an HTML form. That way I can establish
links to each one of the pictures on the results page.

So for instance if Order # 12345 was input the ASP page
using I guess the filesystemobject should find all files
that start with 12345 and return them. So the page could
show 12345_1a.jpg / 12345_1b.jpg / 12345_4a.jpg /
12345_12.jpg / etc., etc.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you
in advance!

Aaron Bertrand - MVP 08-28-2003 09:10 PM

Re: Finding filenames using wildcards

Insert the file list into a database table or a recordset, then you could
use SQL where clause. This might give you a start:

http://www.aspfaq.com/2025