Velocity Reviews

-   -   hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :( (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t789327-hello-world-asp-net-problem-syntax-error-help-needed.html)

Dr DOOM 08-10-2003 04:02 AM

hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

Hi folks...I've just installed asp.net framework and asp.net sdk and I've
cut and pasted a file from the web to test that it works.

The problem is that I get this error message which says:

Line: 3
Char: 9
Error: Expected ';'
Code: 0

Anyway this is what I tried. http://www.asp101.com/lessons/firstpage.asp

I know it must be a really basic syntax error but wtf; I just copy and
pasted this code which really really should be correct. I also am working on
one of my intro pracs and it also returned the same error so what's going
on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The code I used is shown below:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<script runat="server">
Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
HelloWorld.Text = "Hello World!"
End Sub
</script>

<head>
<title>ASP.NET Hello World</title>
</head>

Alan 08-10-2003 04:07 AM

Re: hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

Hi mate, the .NET newsgroups have 'dotnet' in them. You'll get better
mileage asking your question there.

Cheers,

Alan

news:3f35c338$0$28121$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

Dr DOOM 08-10-2003 04:27 AM

Re: hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

Ohh ok Alan, I'll try there :)

Thanks :)