Velocity Reviews

-   -   SSL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788870-ssl.html)

Ryan McConnell 07-25-2003 08:52 AM

SSL

Im new to the idea of encryption, but heres the story;
I hope to take credit card details on my site, What do i need to do to
ensure the information is kept on a secure connection. Do i need to redirect
that information to a different server or is there any simple way to set up
this sort of connection :S

Thanks
Ryan

Ray at 07-25-2003 12:57 PM

Re: SSL

You'd need to buy an SSL certificate from an authority like Verisign,
install it on your server for your one single domain, and then use https
protocol. Depending on the size of your business and the number of
transactions, it may be cheaper or easier for you to use a third party
credit card processor and/or a third party shopping cart system that accepts
secure CC payments.

Ray at work