Velocity Reviews

-   -   Enumerate Local Variable Scope (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788786-enumerate-local-variable-scope.html)

Chris Hohmann 07-23-2003 07:56 AM

Enumerate Local Variable Scope

Does anyone know of a way to enumerate the local variable scope? The
reason I ask is that I have a function that dumps the contents of
response,request,server,etc... for debugging purposes. I'd like to also
display the local variables.

TIA
-Chris

Ray at 07-23-2003 12:42 PM

Re: Enumerate Local Variable Scope

I'd love it if someone replied and said, "That's not true; here's how," but
I do not believe there is any way to loop through a variables collection or
anything like that, other than to just code it yourself.

Although you probably would not want to do this, you could use all session
variables while debugging and loop through them though.

Ray at work

Chris Hohmann 07-23-2003 05:52 PM

> I'd love it if someone replied and said, "That's not true; here's

how," but
> I do not believe there is any way to loop through a variables

collection or
> anything like that, other than to just code it yourself.
>
> Although you probably would not want to do this, you could use all

session
> variables while debugging and loop through them though.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Chris Hohmann" <hohmannATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a way to enumerate the local variable scope? The
> > reason I ask is that I have a function that dumps the contents of
> > response,request,server,etc... for debugging purposes. I'd like to

also
> > display the local variables.
> >
> > TIA
> > -Chris

Yeah, that's what I thought. I do enumerate the Session and Application
scope as well. I've settled for eval'ing items in a "watch list". Thanks
for the feedback.

-Chris