Velocity Reviews

-   -   problems width select line (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788724-problems-width-select-line.html)

Christopher Brandsdal 07-21-2003 05:54 PM

problems width select line

Hi!

I am having some problems width a little script i downloaded...

I'm not able to figure out what he SELECT line does!
What does the @@identity mean?
Is this maby a javascript? :)

function GetLastIdentity(ADOConnection)
{
var rstIdentity = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rstIdentity.Open("SELECT @@identity AS IdentityId", ADOConnection);
var iIdentity = rstIdentity.EOF == false ? rstIdentity("IdentityId").value : -1;
rstIdentity.Close();
return iIdentity;
}

Ray at 07-21-2003 06:01 PM

Re: problems width select line

An explanation of what @@IDENTITY is can be found here.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2174

Ray at work

Christopher Brandsdal 07-21-2003 06:23 PM

Re: problems width select line

You guy's are amazing!!!
Is there anything you DON'T know?

Best thank's from Norway!;)
Christopher Brandsdal

"Aaron Bertrand - MVP" <aaron@TRASHaspfaq.com> skrev i melding
> @@IDENTITY is a SQL Server variable representing the last inserted

IDENTITY
> value for this connection's session (that's a SQL Server session, not an

ASP

@@IDENTITY,

Ray at 07-21-2003 06:30 PM

Re: problems width select line

There are lots of things I don't know. There is only one thing that Aaron
doesn't know though - euphemismic conversation. :P

Ray at work