Velocity Reviews

-   -   Book Recommendations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788556-book-recommendations.html)

saurabh 07-15-2003 01:13 PM

Book Recommendations

Hi All,

I have been a java/oracle/linux programmer for last 3+ years. I have
to build an application using asp and Sql Server. I am fairly
comfortable with ASP but not Sql Server.

Can any please recommend a book which is neither for beginners and nor
for advanced programmers using microsoft technologies. I am looking
for some thing
in middle.

I will prefer a book with examples on how to call SP's , getting
record sets, locking, performance issues with different components ,
recommended practices etc.

TIA,
Saurabh

Manohar Kamath [MVP] 07-15-2003 06:26 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Perhaps something from Wrox press (although they don't exist anymore) -- try
the "Professional Active Server Pages"

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netBooks