Velocity Reviews

-   -   CREATE TABLE IN ACCESS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788388-create-table-in-access.html)

Rob 07-09-2003 11:08 PM

CREATE TABLE IN ACCESS

Hi all,

Quick question, how do you create a table in MS Access from with an asp
script?

I will be creating the table name from Request.querystring("name"), also
needs fields of branchname and branchcode

guess something like CREATE TABLE & Request.querystring("name") branchname.
branchcode.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Ray at 07-10-2003 01:25 AM

Re: CREATE TABLE IN ACCESS

Not sure what kind of columns BranchName and BranchCode need to be. I'll
assume Text(255) and Integer, respectively.

sTablename = Request.Querystring("name")

sSQL = "CREATE TABLE [" & sTablename & "] (BranchCode Int PRIMARY KEY,
BranchName Text(255));"

objADO.Execute sSQL

Ray at home