Velocity Reviews

-   -   new in web service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t788002-new-in-web-service.html)

jazzydance 02-06-2010 11:29 PM

new in web service

I am basically new to setting up recent web services.

I am wondering what are good links to look at to see what are the options
in web services.

Basically my questions are the following:

1. Is call a web service a single thread calling at a time? Can several
threads call a web service at one time? If so, is the prefered language to
use is F#.NET since this language has alot of threading logic builit behind
the language?

2. When calling a webservice, can you call the web service with "blocks'
of message to be processed at one time? Basically instead of sending one
message at a time, can you send "groups" of message at a time to be
processed? This would be groups of like 100 to 500 messages at one time? If
so, can you point me to a url that would explain this in more detail?

3. Are there other options that can be utilized in a web service? If so,
can you tell me what these options are?

Note: The little bit of web service experience I have is having a classic
asp page call a vb.net version 1 webservice in the DXZ. The web service in
the DMZ would then call another web service to obtain validated addresses.

Thanks!

Mr. Arnold 02-07-2010 12:13 AM

Re: new in web service

<http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=book+creating+ASP.Net+Web+servi ce&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&oq=book+creating+A SP.Net+Web+service&fp=a048890d3c90c6fc>