Velocity Reviews

-   -   Caching of Java script proxy for WCF service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t787829-caching-of-java-script-proxy-for-wcf-service.html)

Alexander Tarasul 03-10-2009 10:42 PM

Caching of Java script proxy for WCF service

Hello,
Environment VS 2008, .NET 3.5, Windows 2003 Server
I'm calling WCF Service decorated with
<OperationContract()> _
<WebGet(RequestFormat:=WebMessageFormat.Xml)> _
from web page script manager.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="SM" runat="server" >
<Services>
<asp:ServiceReference Path="~/Service.svc" />
</Services>
</asp:ScriptManager>

The Service proxy file
http://usildlaparnd01/AJAXWCF/Service.svc/js
is generated with caching header of expire immediately
HTTP/1.0 Expires Header is present: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:17:49 GMT

The web.config have debug=false

I don't want to embed the script into my page, I want it in separate cached
JS file with one year expiration same as scriptresource.axd JS files or
better with configurable cache expiration.
Is there any way to control cache expiration of
Service.svc/js

Regards
Alexander