Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gettting xml column data (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t787744-gettting-xml-column-data.html)

Ameur 11-19-2008 11:47 PM

Gettting xml column data

I'm trying to build a web service that extract only the column data of table
which is an xml column.
the table is in a romte databse.
Any idea?
Help or hint will be appeciate it

Steffen Hoppe 11-20-2008 09:10 AM

Re: Gettting xml column data

Hello Ameur,

I think you have to jump in a bit deeper and tell us what you want to do.

What does the service do? Open a table, read a column?
What should it return? The Entries of a datacolumn?
Does remote mean "not on the web-service-server" or "not on the client"?

Cheers,
Steffen

mailto:s.hoppe@sh-soft.de

Ameur 11-20-2008 06:33 PM

Re: Gettting xml column data

Hi Steffen

Basically what I'm trying to acheive is getting an xml from a table that i'm
connecting to it through odbc, The table name is Queue and has an xml column.
My web service got the data from the table , but on the returned xml I can't
figure out how to get the xml chunk which is in the xml column (xml column is
in the Queue table)
The table is in other server that I connect to it throhg odb with a dns.

Hope it is a clear.

Thanks a lot
Regards
Ameur