Velocity Reviews

-   -   WCF Add Service Reference error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t787724-wcf-add-service-reference-error.html)

Gary Homewood 10-29-2008 10:53 AM

WCF Add Service Reference error

I created a new web application, and a new WCF service application. When I
try and add a service reference to the web application, the button to
discover services in solution manages to find the service, but when I ok
this, I get an error "Could not load type
'System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel,
Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=..."

VS2008 Version 9.0.30428.1 SP1Beta1
Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

Any ideas?

John Saunders 10-29-2008 12:52 PM

Re: WCF Add Service Reference error

"Gary Homewood" <GaryHomewood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a new web application, and a new WCF service application. When I
> try and add a service reference to the web application, the button to
> discover services in solution manages to find the service, but when I ok
> this, I get an error "Could not load type
> 'System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions' from assembly
> 'System.ServiceModel,
> Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=..."
>
> VS2008 Version 9.0.30428.1 SP1Beta1
> Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
>
> Any ideas?

Try a repair install of .NET 3.5. I'm also running SP1 beta, and do not have
this problem.

Suman Biswas 12-10-2008 12:43 PM

RE: WCF Add Service Reference error

Install .Net framework 3.5 SP1.
System.ServiceModel.FaultImportOptions is only supported by 3.5 sp1 and 3.0
sp2