Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't update web reference when .disco moves. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t787151-cant-update-web-reference-when-disco-moves.html)

Object01 06-28-2007 03:57 PM

Can't update web reference when .disco moves.

Is this a bug? I've moved my working copy of a web service project
from a remote server to my workstation, and have edited my consuming
app's web.config to refer to the new .asmx location. It keeps trying
to access the old web service!

I've tried opening the solution and updating the consumer's web
reference, and get these errors, in this order:
"There was an error downloading 'http://newServer/service.asmx?
disco'"
"There was an error downloading 'http://oldServer/service.asmx?
disco'
The request failed with the error message:
[error about service not being found ('cause I moved it!)]"

But using Fiddler, I don't see -any- requests for anything (.disco,
wsdl, or otherwise) at the new location, only the old location. My
consuming app's .disco, .discomap, and .wsdl all contain URLs for only
the old location.

Isn't updating my web reference supposed to update everything based on
the URL I enter in web.config? Currently I can only work around this
by removing the web reference and re-adding it, which is unsuitable
for a deployment situation. If this is the case, what's the point of
making the service URL configurable in web.config?

--
Jeff S.