Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem in accessing webservice frm another compuer on LAN,plz help!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t786227-problem-in-accessing-webservice-frm-another-compuer-on-lan-plz-help.html)

vinaynahata 05-30-2006 04:17 PM

Problem in accessing webservice frm another compuer on LAN,plz help!!

I am having some problem in webservices.When i create a webservice in
VS2005 ,it runs the webservice on an arbitrarily selected port .The
webservice works perfectly fine on the local machine.Further wen i try
to access the same webservice frm any other machine on LAN,it is not
able to access tat webservice.
Suppose on local machine ,the webservice url is :
http://localhost:2231/mywebservice/service.asmx

wen i try to access the same webservice from another comp on lAN ,it
doesnt open..The URL typed is :
http://172.19.3.37/myweb/mywebservice/service.asmx (\\172.19.3.37 being
IP address of the comp on which webservice resides).I hav disabled
evry firewall also.It results into the following error:(Should i not
mention the port while accessing the webservice(as in localhost),howevr
doing so results into "Page cannot be displayed" so i removed the port
no. which results into following error:-

Server Error in '/myweb' Application.
Runtime Error

Howevr the webservice works fine on localhost.

Further i also wanted to know how to assign our own port on which we
want our webservice to run.

I would b very thankul to u fr ur help.

Thanx in advance.