Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unusual error message from WebService installer. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t786091-unusual-error-message-from-webservice-installer.html)

Peter Chapman 04-25-2006 09:24 AM

Unusual error message from WebService installer.

I've got a 2.0 web service that uses a Web Deployment Project (which
specifies how the web project will be compiled and other details) and then a
Web Setup Project which will take as an input the Primary Output of the Web
Deployment Project.

On a few computers (5%), the installer doesn't work, and the error message
is:

'More than one Active servers with the requested port were found. Port=.'

I've tried googling for an answer, but there's nothing. Any ideas how to
chase this one down?

tia

John Fullmer 04-26-2006 08:46 PM

Re: Unusual error message from WebService installer.

Looks like it's a problem in IIS.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...deployment.asp

- John Fullmer