Velocity Reviews

-   -   Getting ID, calling url, search for value, return value (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785713-getting-id-calling-url-search-for-value-return-value.html)

Tim Fröglich 01-07-2006 12:42 PM

Getting ID, calling url, search for value, return value

Hello,

I am new in developing web services and hope you can help me. I would
like to run a web service. A client will send an id. This id should be
taken by the web service. After that the webservice should call a url
with that id, e.g. www.testit.com/moreinfo.aspx?id=[ID]

This website will contain valid xml information. The xml has got a
element called <info>. That info should be return first to the web
service and then to the client. Can you help me with some starter
code?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Josh Twist 01-10-2006 09:18 PM

Re: Getting ID, calling url, search for value, return value

Should be easy enough...

look here at how top write the web service:
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...icesintro.aspx
and here at how to call a url:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...classtopic.asp

Josh