Velocity Reviews

-   -   Stopping .net doing a web server confirmation call. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785637-stopping-net-doing-a-web-server-confirmation-call.html)

haydeng@gmail.com 12-12-2005 07:13 AM

Stopping .net doing a web server confirmation call.

Months ago I saw an online article about speeding up web service
requests by manupulating the HTTP request process. Possibly its a
System.Net property that can be set so that the client doesn't do a
quick check to see if the server exists and then send through the
request with the SOAP request string.
>From memory the property didn't exist in the 1.0 Framework

Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide the property
name to use?

Thanks in advance

Peter Kelcey 12-12-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Stopping .net doing a web server confirmation call.

Its not exactly what you've outlined, but perhaps you were refering to
the preauthenticate property?

Its outlined at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...henticate.aspx

It prevents the client from having to make 2 calls to a web service in
the cases where authentication is required.

If that wasn't what you were looking for, perhaps you can find it in
the "Improving Web Services Performance" article on MSDN. This article
also gives an overview of when & how to the use the preauthenticate
property.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...netchapt10.asp

Peter Kelcey