Velocity Reviews

-   -   webservice for Authentication (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785594-webservice-for-authentication.html)

J-T 11-29-2005 07:47 PM

webservice for Authentication

I need to create a webserivce which is able to talk to the following
components:

1) Another webservice which is written by java and talks to its own backend
database to authenticate the users
2) Directly talk to a sql server database containg a table to store username
and passwords
3) Directoly talks to an Oracle Databse containg a table to store username
and passwords
4) Can query our internal Active Directory to authenticate our
organization's staff

The reason I choose a web service is that we want to create a sort of signle
sign on startegy for all our applicationsm to use this webserivce to
authenticate the users against. my webserivce needs to be secure and also
vey expandable to span future added components.

Is there soehting similar out there or can anyone give me some idea?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Lester J-T

Yunus Emre ALP÷ZEN [MCSD.NET] 11-29-2005 07:54 PM

Re: webservice for Authentication

In our company we already implemented it. It is possible to implement and be
sure you will be happier.. Every u need is already exists in .NET. It is not
so hard... Development would not take more than 5 man/day...

Prepare a xml serializable class as a parameter data
public class foo
{
public string username;
public SecureString password;
// .....
}
and mark this class as serializable this would help u to call this web
service from different platforms...

--
HTH

Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALP÷ZEN
BSc, MCSD.NET

J-T 11-29-2005 08:23 PM

Re: webservice for Authentication

Yunus,

Thanks a lo for your nice reply. Can I ask you couple of questions? my email
address is bahrez82NOSPAM@yahoo.com.

I appreciate if you could send me your email so I can ask you some more
questions.
Thanks so much