Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with parsing SOAP security element using older namespace in WSE 2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785452-problem-with-parsing-soap-security-element-using-older-namespace-in-wse-2-a.html)

kaush 10-18-2005 08:59 PM

Problem with parsing SOAP security element using older namespace in WSE 2

Hi all,

I am implementing a web service server to accept SOAP
messages from my client and send a SOAP response back. Actually I am
using .NET's WSE-2 for receiving and sending SOAP messages. The message
I get from my client has a "security" element with "username" and
"password" fields which I got to authenticate. Actually the namespace
associated with "security" element my client is using is
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/06/secext". WSE-2 supports Oasis
version of Security and namespace associated with it is
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd".
My client does not want to update their part. SO I got to get
away with the problem. Just changing namespaces won't work. I am not
sure how to go about this. Is anyone aware of any tool which would
allow me to interoperate or some way using WSE-2 I could pasre the
header element having the older namespace. Please help me out.

Thanks,
kaush