Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web Reference class spawns temporary assembly when instantiated? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785412-web-reference-class-spawns-temporary-assembly-when-instantiated.html)

Nathan Craddock 10-07-2005 12:55 PM

Web Reference class spawns temporary assembly when instantiated?

I'm working in an environment where the users of my application aren't
permitted to write DLLs or EXEs. My application has a web reference to a web
service on one of our servers. Whenever I instantiate the web service client
class ( : SoapHttpClientProtocol ), it is trying to generate a temporary
assembly. I guess this is the XmlSerializer.

If I watch in the output window while debugging, as soon as I call the
constructor, I get the "'Application.exe': Loaded 'dkpbmcff', No symbols
loaded." message.

My question is: Is there any way to prevent it from creating a temporary
assembly?

(Using VS.Net 2003 and .Net Framework 1.1 with current SP)

Nathan C. 10-13-2005 03:10 PM

Re: Web Reference class spawns temporary assembly when instantiated?

Here's for anyone googling this problem in the future:

Got some help from MS. There's a workaround, but it ain't pretty. Here's the
KB:

FIX: Web service clients regenerate serialization assemblies every time that
the application runs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=872800