Velocity Reviews

-   -   C# Interview job problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785332-c-interview-job-problem.html)

programmerforknowledge 09-11-2005 02:40 PM

C# Interview job problem

Hi All
I am fresh college graduate who has done C and C++ during college
times.After that i had done a C# course from one of our local computer
institute.The course is BCM which ran for 1 year.But now when i am
looking for job the questions asked in interview are really very very
weird and does not match any where near to what my institute taught.

My faculty has give me following links for preparation of interview

http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
http://www.techninterviews.com
http://www.brainbench.com
http://www.crackinterviews.com

with that he has said to do small project which will make me confident.
But i need a job soon and can not really wait to do dummy projects do
you really think those upper links can be helpful in getting a job

I am new comer so please excuse for asking in this way.Any good website
for interview question please help me

Ziga Jakhel 09-13-2005 08:20 PM

Re: C# Interview job problem

You *really* should start doing small projects... either some "pet" projects
of your own, something for your sports club, or anything else that comes to
mind. Beit a web forum, an expense application, a system for coordinating
cat feeding schedules - you name it (what comes to mind right now is to make
a small utility for encrypting/signing documents with x.509 certificates...
if it's good you could develop it further into something standalone). Your
goal should be at least basic proficiency in developing WinForms and asp.net
application, webservices, and some basic SQL (stored procedures, etc.).
The only way to learn anything useful - at least in programming - is by
actually trying out the stuff you read about.

If you really want to stick with the theoretical approach, start preparing
for the MCSD.NET exams (the whole curriculum). You should learn what you
want to know in the process, but you *really* should do some *real* work
while studying the stuff.

Regards,

Ziga Jakhel,
MCSD.NET