Velocity Reviews

-   -   Namespace Problem? COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporar y(String strUserName) - Is this Correct? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t785130-namespace-problem-colman-portal-colman-portal-customer-ispwdtemporary-string-strusername-is-this-correct.html)

webmaster@sanjamar.com 06-10-2005 06:36 PM

Namespace Problem? COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporar y(String strUserName) - Is this Correct?

Is this normal or a Namespace Problem when it duplicates COLMAN.Portal
2 times?

Example: COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporar y(String
strUserName)

Here is the full Stack Error:

Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.

SOAP Exception StackTrace: at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at COLMAN.Portal.wsColman.PortalService.IsPwdTemporar y(String
strUserName, String strPwd, Int32 intUserID)
at COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporar y(String
strUserName)

I can consume this web service fine from my development pc but once
deployed to the production box I receive these errors on consumption.
The web service browser Invoke methods work perfectly on production
box.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Tom

webmaster@sanjamar.com 06-14-2005 02:26 AM

Re: Namespace Problem? COLMAN.Portal.COLMAN.Portal.Customer.IsPwdTemporar y(String strUserName) - Is this Correct?

The web service is in namespace COLMAN.wsColman and the consuming web
application is in COLMAN.Portal. This setup is somehow causing the
problem. When I create a dummy/test web application with no namespace
and deploy it, it consumes the web service great.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Tom