Velocity Reviews

-   -   Consuming webservices in pocket pc application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t784604-consuming-webservices-in-pocket-pc-application.html)

Bart Verdonck 02-28-2005 04:27 PM

Consuming webservices in pocket pc application

Hi,

It's my first pda-application that I'm writing in addition to a website and
windows client. But I have some trouble consuming my webservices...

When I add my webreference and build the project I get the following error:
"The type or namespace name 'browsable' does nog exist in the class or
namespace 'System.ComponentModel' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
I also have similar errors for 'DesignerSerializationAttribute' and
'ToolboxItem'.

My service get and updates typed datasets.

Mvgr,
BV

Dilip Krishnan 03-01-2005 02:10 AM

Re: Consuming webservices in pocket pc application

Thats because your web service is exposing a parameter that it does not
know how to XmlSerialize. The types allowed by .net web services are [0]

[0] - http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a.../datatypes.asp

--
HTH
Regards,