Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot use MSAccess database on WorkGroup with ASP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t784344-cannot-use-msaccess-database-on-workgroup-with-asp.html)

Yall 01-11-2005 03:01 PM

Cannot use MSAccess database on WorkGroup with ASP

I have an ASP app on our site IIS server. Win2K
Our site doesn't allow me to map the IIS server so the database can't be on
the IIS sever.
This doesn't work
<appSettings>
< add key="OleDBConnectString" value="Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=\\wg04\wg04data\SWDTP\ScienceFair1.MDB" />
</appSettings>
This works if I have the app and database on my local machine IIS and don't
use UNC.
<appSettings>
<add key="OleDBConnectString" value="Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=D:\ScienceFair\ScienceFair1.MDB" />
</appSettings>

How can I have the database on a workgroup and use UNC to access it?
And the ASP app on our site IIS.

OBTW if I have a windows .net app, not ASP, then I can use UNC to access the
database on the same workgroup, no problem.

Dilip Krishnan 01-12-2005 12:07 AM

Re: Cannot use MSAccess database on WorkGroup with ASP

Hello Yall,

This is because your asp user account doesnt have permissions to access
a network resource. Try giving it permissions it should work. The windows
app works because it runs under the priveledges of the user currently signed
on.
HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan