Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASP .Net Web Services (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f64-asp-net-web-services.html)
-   -   Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t784198-need-control-over-localendpoint-for-multiple-ips.html)

beauzero 12-08-2004 09:11 PM

Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
 
I have to send out timed requests to a web service with a limitation of 1
request per 6 seconds. I am using a windows service to run the app. and I
have 10 IPs on the box. I need to basically send out 10 requests every six
seconds ...one request per IP. I know I can get access to it through
System.Net.Sockets but that would leave a lot of overhead to code.

Is there an easy way to get access. Even through system.net.httpwebrequest
would be fine. The IPEndPoint is hidden everywhere.


--
K-12 Texbooks www.academicbookservices.com

Dan Rogers 12-21-2004 06:05 PM

RE: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
 
Do you mean you want to send OUT thru one of 10 NIC's on the box you are
sending from? Or do you mean you want to write a program that tests all 10
IP's as web service endpoints? If the latter, you can just encode the URL
as http://10.10.10.10/whatever.aspx and thereby bypass the DNS lookup.

Hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
>Thread-Topic: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>thread-index: AcTdamuMvxT0O6lSQmOFERxeEqe85w==
>X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 63.170.201.2
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?=" <bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>
>Subject: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:11:01 -0800
>Lines: 12
>Message-ID: <02053EF8-21BC-4D53-A3F4-481A40184937@microsoft.com>
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="Utf-8"
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
>Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
>Importance: normal
>Priority: normal
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
>Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
>Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es:27094
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>
>I have to send out timed requests to a web service with a limitation of 1
>request per 6 seconds. I am using a windows service to run the app. and I
>have 10 IPs on the box. I need to basically send out 10 requests every

six
>seconds ...one request per IP. I know I can get access to it through
>System.Net.Sockets but that would leave a lot of overhead to code.
>
>Is there an easy way to get access. Even through

system.net.httpwebrequest
>would be fine. The IPEndPoint is hidden everywhere.
>
>
>--
>K-12 Texbooks www.academicbookservices.com
>



beauzero 12-22-2004 04:35 PM

RE: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
 
Neither. One NIC, 10 static IPs, route requests thru individual IPs (must
have control). Must be service based and .NET framework 1.1

"Dan Rogers" wrote:

> Do you mean you want to send OUT thru one of 10 NIC's on the box you are
> sending from? Or do you mean you want to write a program that tests all 10
> IP's as web service endpoints? If the latter, you can just encode the URL
> as http://10.10.10.10/whatever.aspx and thereby bypass the DNS lookup.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Dan Rogers
> Microsoft Corporation
> --------------------
> >Thread-Topic: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
> >thread-index: AcTdamuMvxT0O6lSQmOFERxeEqe85w==
> >X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 63.170.201.2
> >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?=" <bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>
> >Subject: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
> >Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:11:01 -0800
> >Lines: 12
> >Message-ID: <02053EF8-21BC-4D53-A3F4-481A40184937@microsoft.com>
> >MIME-Version: 1.0
> >Content-Type: text/plain;
> > charset="Utf-8"
> >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> >X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
> >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
> >Importance: normal
> >Priority: normal
> >X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
> >NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
> >Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
> >Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es:27094
> >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
> >
> >I have to send out timed requests to a web service with a limitation of 1
> >request per 6 seconds. I am using a windows service to run the app. and I
> >have 10 IPs on the box. I need to basically send out 10 requests every

> six
> >seconds ...one request per IP. I know I can get access to it through
> >System.Net.Sockets but that would leave a lot of overhead to code.
> >
> >Is there an easy way to get access. Even through

> system.net.httpwebrequest
> >would be fine. The IPEndPoint is hidden everywhere.
> >
> >
> >--
> >K-12 Texbooks www.academicbookservices.com
> >

>
>


Dan Rogers 12-22-2004 09:00 PM

RE: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
 
I'm not getting it. Is the problem that you need to send thru different IP
addresses that you've homed to specific IIS web sites (!), or is the
problem that within a specific service, you want to do something to a
specific IP address.

In either case, you should be able to just use the IP address you want
(from code). If you want one service implementation to sit on 10 different
IP addresses, you will need to use IIS site settings to set this up. It
may mean setting up one site per IP address, and having each site have a
copy of your service implementation on it.

It's just not clear to me what the thing you are trying to do is... The
simple solution is to just use the IP address you desire!

Sorry

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
>Thread-Topic: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>thread-index: AcToRDHEDAECUl1NSBuxBm5A+jhRVw==
>X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 63.170.201.2
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?=" <bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>
>References: <02053EF8-21BC-4D53-A3F4-481A40184937@microsoft.com>

<V4ZQse45EHA.3512@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl>
>Subject: RE: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:35:06 -0800
>Lines: 56
>Message-ID: <E48F0950-A060-4675-8260-9BCD9970A2D0@microsoft.com>
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="Utf-8"
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
>Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
>Importance: normal
>Priority: normal
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
>Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
>Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es:27350
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>
>Neither. One NIC, 10 static IPs, route requests thru individual IPs (must
>have control). Must be service based and .NET framework 1.1
>
>"Dan Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Do you mean you want to send OUT thru one of 10 NIC's on the box you are
>> sending from? Or do you mean you want to write a program that tests all

10
>> IP's as web service endpoints? If the latter, you can just encode the

URL
>> as http://10.10.10.10/whatever.aspx and thereby bypass the DNS lookup.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Dan Rogers
>> Microsoft Corporation
>> --------------------
>> >Thread-Topic: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>> >thread-index: AcTdamuMvxT0O6lSQmOFERxeEqe85w==
>> >X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 63.170.201.2
>> >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVhdXplcm8=?="

<bclaar@(dontsp).academicbookservices.com>
>> >Subject: Need control over LocalEndPoint for multiple IPs
>> >Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:11:01 -0800
>> >Lines: 12
>> >Message-ID: <02053EF8-21BC-4D53-A3F4-481A40184937@microsoft.com>
>> >MIME-Version: 1.0
>> >Content-Type: text/plain;
>> > charset="Utf-8"
>> >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>> >X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
>> >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
>> >Importance: normal
>> >Priority: normal
>> >X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
>> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>> >NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
>> >Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
>> >Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl

>> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es:27094
>> >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
>> >
>> >I have to send out timed requests to a web service with a limitation of

1
>> >request per 6 seconds. I am using a windows service to run the app.

and I
>> >have 10 IPs on the box. I need to basically send out 10 requests every

>> six
>> >seconds ...one request per IP. I know I can get access to it through
>> >System.Net.Sockets but that would leave a lot of overhead to code.
>> >
>> >Is there an easy way to get access. Even through

>> system.net.httpwebrequest
>> >would be fine. The IPEndPoint is hidden everywhere.
>> >
>> >
>> >--
>> >K-12 Texbooks www.academicbookservices.com
>> >

>>
>>

>




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.