Velocity Reviews

-   -   WSDL Dilemma (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t784147-wsdl-dilemma.html)

Demetri 11-29-2004 04:59 PM

WSDL Dilemma

I have a solution which has multiple projects. One of the projects is a web
service. Another project is a web application. The web application needs to
reference the web service. The web application has not had a problem with
referencing the exposed web methods and classes in the web service.

Prior to today the name spaces and project names in each have been changed a
bit for organization sake, this also includes changing of names of the output
assemblies. In the process a class was ripped out of the web service and put
into a class library project that the web service will reference as well as
the web application since the will both share said class.

Now my problem. When I upate the web reference in the web application there
is NO change to the classes and name spaces. The class that I ripped out of
the web service STILL remains when referenced in the web application.

I have done everything I can think of. I have verified that the web service
is being rebuilt and the new dll has the correct assembly name. In the class
viewer it reflects my changes within the web service.

I even added a new web method and that DOES get picked up by the web
application in addition to the ripped out class REMAINING in there. <sigh>

The WSDL file that gets maded after I have deleted web references in the web
application and then re-establish the web reference still has information
about the class that I ripped out as though I never took it out.

I am about to pull my hair out. What in the world am I doing wrong???

-Demetri

Dan Rogers 11-29-2004 08:55 PM

RE: WSDL Dilemma

Hi Demetri,

If the class that you refactored is still referenced either in a call
parameter or return type from one of your web methods it will be included
in the generated shadow proxy classes. If the XML namespace (not the
ASP.net namespace) remains unchanged, then the class you refactored hasn't
actually been shifted, from an XML schema perspective.

To make the proxy side implementation use the version you refactored, you
need to manually alter the generated proxy code by commenting out the class
you want to use from a different DLL, and then add a Imports statement (for
VB) at the top of the file and add a reference to the new DLL to the
project for the calling side.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=" <Demetri@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: WSDL Dilemma
>Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:59:03 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic es
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA
03.phx.gbl