Velocity Reviews

-   -   Creating IIS Login to SQL Server in multi-tier app (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t784020-creating-iis-login-to-sql-server-in-multi-tier-app.html)

Ross 11-06-2004 05:43 AM

Creating IIS Login to SQL Server in multi-tier app

Hi

I am designing a sample app that has 3 tiers - Web Browser, dotnet app & DB
server.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that given that each individual user
will not be connecting to SQL server directly (except maybe for DB Admin's
etc) it is desireable to create a Login for IIS to connect to the Server & a
User Login to connect to the DB in question with the appropriate permissions.

The DOTNET app will be connecting to the DB using ADO.NET

Can anybody help me with this?

Kind regards

Ross Petersen

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft] 11-08-2004 05:50 PM

Re: Creating IIS Login to SQL Server in multi-tier app

yes, you should see this guide:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...SecNetch12.asp