Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can Webmethods be turned on/off within a SOAP Server depending on the situation? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t783679-can-webmethods-be-turned-on-off-within-a-soap-server-depending-on-the-situation.html)

Jimmy 08-31-2004 01:11 PM

Can Webmethods be turned on/off within a SOAP Server depending on the situation?

Hi,

I have created a generic SOAP Server using VB.NET (.NET 2003).
However, I need to be able to 'turn on/off' certain web methods
depending on the client who wants the SOAP Server. Rather than having
to have a separate version for each client, is it possible to have one
generic SOAP Server version that has all the webmethods included but
only turn on the required ones for the client (and then build the SOAP
Server)?

If one solution is to comment out the web methods that are not
required and then build the SOAP Server, then is there a more
elegant/correct way?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy