Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error consuming web service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t783344-error-consuming-web-service.html)

John 06-26-2004 02:09 AM

Error consuming web service

Hi

I am trying to access a web method which is on my local server from a vb.net
client which is also on the same server. In client I am using the below code
to access the web method. The problem is that I get an 'Object reference not
set to an instance of an object.' error on the indicated line when I run the
code. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Regards

Dim ws As localhost.StaffDiary
Dim ds As DataSet = ws.GetStaffDiary ' <=== error on this line

DalePres 06-26-2004 02:17 AM

Re: Error consuming web service

I think you have to use

Dim ws As New localhost.StaffDiary